When resourcing a Microsoft Project plan, have you ever wanted to replace the default resource names label displayed against Critical and Non Critical Tasks within the Gantt Chart view with resource initials instead?
Yes, you can do this if you know how to...
If you are using Microsoft Project 2003/2007 you can access Bar Styles as follows:
1. Format…Bar Styles.
2. Select ‘Task’ row which represents the display of Non-critical tasks within the Gantt Chart view.
3. Click on the ‘Text’ tab to amend the label within the Gantt Chart view:
4. Replace the default ‘Resource Names’ field with the ‘Resource Initials’ field.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the ‘Critical’ row which represents the display of Critical Tasks.
6. Select OK button to confirm changes.
If you are using Microsoft Project 2010 you can access Bar Styles as follows:
1. On the Format tab, in the Bar Styles group, click Bar Styles from the Format drop down.
2. Repeat steps 2 to 6 within Microsoft Project 2010 as detailed above.
3. Now that Bar Styles has been amended, the text you decide to enter in the ‘Initials’ column within the ‘Resource Sheet’ view will be displayed to the right of the task bars within the Gantt Chart:
Now view the results...
More Hints & Tips coming soon